The Cat Rock Drills are powered matched to application, simple and durable, they have long service intervals, short service hours, 25k hour life cycle and are 100% serviceable on the feed. With three times the lifespan and less than one half the parts cost of competitive rock drills, you cannot overlook the value of the Cat Rock Drill for reaching maximum uptime at low total cost of ownership.
What is the Cat Rock Drill Advantage?
Cat Rock Drills are power matched to the application for energy-efficient drilling. They are simple and durable, with extended service intervals, and service on the feed is quick. Major components are designed to last the life of the machine, and Caterpillar offers rock drills that can be serviced on-site. With triple the lifespan and less than one-half of the parts costs of competitive rock drills, you cannot overlook the value of a Cat Rock Drill for reaching maximum uptime and low costs.
Standard and Optional Choices
The MD5075C uses an HPR5123 Rock Drill, which accepts 45 or 51 mm drill steel. Alternatively, it can be equipped with an HPR4519 Rock Drill which accepts 45 mm drill steel.
Rock Drill Service Cost Advantage
Cat Rock Drills require 3.5 times less service hours per year because they are robust and require fewer service intervals. Each service takes only half of the time of other rock drills due to simplistic design with four housings and only half of the internal parts of other brands. Overall the Cat Rock Drills service cost is 60 percent less than competitive models year over year.
A simple design coupled with high strength materials yields exceptional durability. Having only half of the components of competitive models, there are fewer internal parts to wear. There are four major housings bolted together with high strength flanges eliminating troublesome long tie rods and the bushings are alloy for long life. Major rock drill components are designed to last the life of the machine.
Cat Rock Drills are the only owner serviceable rock drill. That is a significant cost savings because others require downtime for round trip transportation to a clean room environment for service. With Cat Rock Drills, stocking multiple or back up rock drills is not required and all maintenance can be done in your shop and on the feed including, and up to, a major rebuild.
Automated Rock Drill Lube System – Optional
While other rock drills use oil, Cat Rock Drills use grease which is cleaner and easier to manage. The Automated Lube System keeps the rock drill greased at ideal intervals which helps to achieve peak performance, extends component life and is a tremendous time saver over manual greasing. The grease reservoir capacity is for up to eight 10-hour shifts.
Fast and Electronics-free for Maximum Uptime
Cat Carousel Rod Changers are a reliable mechanical design with no sensitive electronic sensors that cause excessive downtime.
One of the largest contributors to downtime on a track drill is electronics failures on carousel rod changers. This frequently occurs because electronics system sensors are vulnerable to dust, vibration and movement. Conversely, Cat Track Drills’ carousel rod-handling system is 100 percent electronics-free. Everything is mechanical for maximum uptime and easier troubleshooting.
- Six rod carousel accepts 45 or 51 mm diameter drill steel
- Deep multi-pass hole depth to 31.2 m (102.5 ft)
- Unique gate design always keeps a rod in position; ready to load
- Heavy-duty, dual rod grippers assist with rod changes and are designed to last
- Two drill steel length options available: – 3.66 m (12 ft) drill steel rods – 4.27 m (14 ft) drill steel rods – 6.1 m (20 ft) starter rod
Drill Depth Indicator
The new drill depth indicator ensures all holes in a pattern are drilled to the planned depth to promote a better floor, reduce secondary blasting, and reduce accelerated wear on equipment which collectively improves the total cost of ownership for the customers.
Cat track drill’s power group is designed by Caterpillar experts to get power where it’s needed as efficiently as possible. The MD5075C’s fuel-efficient C9 engine has a high-efficiency fuel filtration system with electronic priming. Ether is an option for cold weather starting. The compressor features widely variable air control and the power to meet any drilling application. The cooler is optimized for thermal management, and its side by side design allows for easy cleaning and maintenance.
Powered by a six (6) cylinder Cat C9 engine that is electronically controlled, turbocharged, and air-to-air after-cooled producing 224 kW (300 hp) @ 1,800 rpm. Fuel conservation, and the resulting lower operating cost, is achieved with three-speed engine throttle control.
Additional engine features:
- Pumps are direct driven by the engine through a steel flex coupling
- Dual element air filter with indicators
- Fuel tank 492 L (130 gal)
- Over 12 hours fuel capacity
Hydraulic driven compressor reduces the load on the C9 engine and improves engine life
- Abundant air provides excellent flushing power
- Reliable rotary screw-type compressor
- High pressure rating 163 L/sec (350 ft3/min) @ 10.2 bar (150 psi)
- Dual-element air filters with indicators
Coolers for engine, hydraulic, compressor systems
- 52° C (125° F) ambient temperature
- MD5075C cooler is equipped with ATAAC side by side arrangement
- Easy troubleshooting and cleaning of cores
Simple and efficient
- Piston pump runs all functions in either mode – pressure compensated in drill mode and tram mode
- In tram mode the compressor is turned off to reduce fuel consumption
- Large hydraulic tank with greater cooling capacity and deaeration of oil (405 L or 107 gal)
Our proven and reliable Cat 315 undercarriage is designed to tram challenging terrain. Your operator can quickly and precisely position the MD5075C thanks to its low center of gravity and high ground clearance.
- Hydraulic motor-driven track assemblies
- Tram maximum speed 4.0 km/h (2.5 mph)
- Hydraulically released spring applied disc brakes
- Excavator-type track rollers
- Ground clearance 380 mm (15 in)
- Ground pressure 0.82 bar (12 psi)
- Track gauge 204 cm (80 in)
- Wide triple grouser track pads 380 mm (15 in)
- Oscillation ±10°
- Robust strut design is resistant to failures
- Easy installation and removal of shoes
- Can be rebuilt
- Single grouser option available
Customers like the MD5075C cab because it is pressurized to minimize sounds levels and to minimize vibration, the cab is isolator mounted while ergonomic controls reduce operator fatigue. Safety features include ROPS/FOPS, numerous shut down methods and a front window with push-out egress, providing a second exit in case of emergency.
- Updated larger monitor display
- Advanced operating system
- Hammer adjustment from cab
- Air pressure control from cab
- Drill depth indicator and monitoring
- Climate control system maintains a consistent temperature
- Air is filtered to the operator
- Defrost/defog air is supplied to windows
- Operators seat is adjustable six ways
- Armrests, controls and switches are ergonomic
- Easy access to cab air filter
- AM/FM Radio, IPOD/MP3 port
- Communications radio ready
- Easy to clean finishes
- External 12V plug
Electronic control system has been designed to ensure smooth rotation, solid rock contact and fast penetration in different rock conditions. It monitors pressures and automatically adjusts to pre-programmed parameters. Anti-jam, anti-plunge and anti-plug capabilities keep the track drill working efficiently and extend drill string life.
Loaded with Safety Features
- High visibility with 3.07 m2 (33 ft2) tinted safety glass windows
- Slim structure members minimize visual obscurity
- Skylight provides excellent visibility of the drill string
- Mirrors and camera assist in moving the machine
- Ground level shutdowns
- Window wipers
Safety Through Controls
- Dual joystick controls are ergonomic and seat-mounted
- For heightened precision, the position and shape of the joysticks match the operator’s natural expectations
- Auto-thread greaser is operated from within the cab
- Operator has total control of hammer power and hole flushing
Touch screen navigation for Drill Assist, rearview camera, tram, water, rock drill auto-lube, alerts, drilling and target depth, angle inclinator, penetration rate, machine performance, total hours, and service. The display shows constant performance monitoring of pressures, rotation and depth. Operating system is high-resolution and features simple icons for easy viewing and adjustments.
The Cat HDE 900 Dust Collector is a highly capable dry dust collection system. Powered to clear holes up to 12.7 cm (5 in), the heavy duty system effectively manages rock fragments and dust. It is also easy to clean and service which adds to your uptime and overall productivity.
- Swing out design for interior access
- The sealed pick up pot prevents cuttings from escaping above the hole
- Abrasive resistant dust hose is 127 mm (5 in) in diameter
- Timed cleaning of filters is continual through reverse-pulses of air
- Vacuum generated air flow carries the materials
- Pivoting separator is feed mounted and separates cuttings from dust
- Filtration area is 28 m2 (304 ft2) and separates the solid particles from the clean air
- Mounted within the slim profile of the machine
- Optional water injection system can be used to suppress dust and hole-collaring or mudding the top hole to create a natural seal
- The suction fan design limits the power requirement to correspond with the application
- Easy bottom access to filters and air valves
Equipped with numerous safety features, Cat Track Drills are designed to provide a safe working environment for operators as well as maintenance and service technicians.
- Emergency stop in the cab, at the rear of the machine and on the feed
- Ground-level access to service points and well-organized electrical and hydraulic designs so no step ladder required
- Spring applied, hydraulically released brakes
- Non-slip, heavy duty steps and handles are strategically placed
- Three points of contact at all steps
Extension Boom Reach Creates a Safe Zone
Largest in-class, the MD5075C has a 3.81 m (12.5 ft) boom, plus a 1.5 m (5 ft) boom extension. This keeps operators a total of 5.334 m (17.5 ft) away from a ledge or highwall. The boom is constructed of thick square tubing with steel plate reinforcements in key areas to add strength for supporting the feed and carousel rod changer.
Operator Training for Safety
- Classroom style training available
- High quality manuals for operation, maintenance, and service
- Hands-on training with your local Cat dealer
Cost control is easier with Cat Drills simple and well-organized electrical/hydraulic arrangements, logically located components, ground level service, and operator friendly systems. MD5075C is equipped for Cat ET, Drill Assist, and has a touchscreen with fault code monitoring and built in joystick mapping for easy troubleshooting. 100% of all the rock drill service can be completed without removal from the feed. Easy maintenance greatly contributes to the low total cost of ownership.
- Equipped for Cat Electronic Technician (ET) to troubleshoot the entire machine
- Well organized electrical and hydraulic designs
- Color coded valves and blocks for easy identification and troubleshooting
- Bulk head fitting to allow for shorter run hoses
- Hydraulic hoses labeled by diameter and length and spaced for easy wrench access
- Two exterior rear facing lights
- Pump for filling hydraulic tank
- Service areas are designed with three points of contact for safety
- The grease reservoir is easily accessible for changing coupling grease
- New fuel location is easier to access over the former model
Fully Supported by World-class Cat Dealer Network
From helping you choose the right machine to keeping your equipment up and running, your Cat dealer provides the best in sales and service.
- Best-in-class parts availability because Cat dealers understand the value of your uptime
- Preventive maintenance programs are available to maximize your return on investment, achieve full equipment life cycle, and managing costs
- Guaranteed maintenance contracts help you forecast your businesses needs and strategically plan for service and parts expenses
- Operator training to help boost your productivity
To assist you in your operations and equipment management, we provide technology systems that aid in safety, utilization, tracking, planning as well as equipment maintenance and performance monitoring.
Reduce your owning and operating costs by maximizing your utilization. Product Link achieves this through remote fleet monitoring, asset tracking, maintenance management which are reported via satellite and cellular networks. This system allows you to monitor daily fuel usage, route fuel trucks for maximum efficiency and track equipment utilization day by day, hour by hour.
Cat Monitoring System
Cat Track Drills are equipped with the Cat Monitoring System (Cat MS) which keeps watch over the health of your engine. It monitors critical engine system functions and will derate the engine to protect itself from damage if needed. When critical conditions arise, the Cat MS monitor displays warning lights and sound audible alarms.
Developed to assist novice drillers, the Drill Assist system increases your overall drill production when drilling in difficult conditions. It monitors main hydraulic systems and automatically adjusts to pre-programmed parameters. It incorporates anti-jam, anti-plunge, and anti-plug and increases overall life of drill string.
Electrical System – Cat (ET) Electronic Technician
For easy troubleshooting of the entire machine, Cat Track Drills are equipped for using the Cat ET (Electronic Technician System) that is familiar to and favored by service technicians around the world.
Drill Depth Indicator
The depth indicator ensures all holes are drilled to the planned depth to promote a better floor, reduce secondary blasting, and reduce wear on equipment which collectively improves the total cost of ownership for the customers.
Automatic Lubrication System
Auto-lube for the rock drill ensures grease is delivered at set intervals and has the capacity for up to eight 10-hour shifts.
MD5075C Sustainability Features
- Drill Assist automatically adjusts power to the rock condition requirements which extends the life of the drill string, bit, and major components of the drill
- Fuel economy is achieved with an efficient U.S. EPA Tier 3/EU Stage IIIA equivalent engine and three speed throttle control
- Remanufactured components are available
- Lube system is automatic, less accident prone and more efficient because operator time and attention is not required to regularly stop drilling to lubricate the rock drill
- Major components can be rebuilt