Our service engineers have the knowledge and experience to bring a successful result to the most demanding projects. In addition, they are backed by Caterpillar’s team of engineers, who have design-based knowledge not available from other sources.
This unique Caterpillar design results in:
- Increased effective lifting force
- Constant boom momentum
- Automatic constant bucket angle position in horizontal and vertical direction
- Automatic roll-back limiter
Furthermore, the TriPower system enables Cat face shovels to use smaller-diameter boom cylinders. This benefit results in fast lifting speeds to outperform the competition.
On models equipped with two engines, the hydraulic excavator remains operational with only a single engine running, maintaining full availability. The electric drive is used on mainly stationary-operated machines and offers superior availability because it doesn’t require time to refuel and servicing the motor is minimized. The 6015/6015 FS is only available in a single diesel engine configuration.
This results in an efficient use of the engine for greater productivity.
This system provides a more efficient means of cooling, particularly in demanding applications. The radiator fan speed is thermostatically or electronically controlled for greater efficiency.
The kinetic energy of the swing motion is used during deceleration to support driving the main and auxiliary pumps. Compared to open circuits, the Cat closed-loop swing circuit is more energy-efficient, generates less heat and delivers faster speeds.
Because float valves are used to lower the boom instead of engaging pumps, the boom moves faster and other operating functions can occur simultaneously, such as bucket curl and stick in/out. This results in faster cycle times.
Engineered with extensive use of Finite Element Analysis (FEA), the steel structure is optimized, travel motors are well-protected by strong cover plates and hinged door covers, and a unique robust track chain incorporates a combined pad/link design on most models. A state-of-the-art track-tensioning system automatically adapts the tensioning of the tracks depending on operating conditions, extending the track life even further.
This promotes the earliest possible detection of faults and allows for timely maintenance planning and assistance for speedy repair. Board Control System not available on 6015/6015 FS models.
The design delivers fast and precise machine reactions, which reduce operator fatigue and increase efficiency. For greater comfort, joystick preferences are operator-adjustable. And since no hydraulic lines are inside or underneath the cab, it’s a more comfortable and clean work environment. The 6015/6015 FS is equipped with a simple hydraulic servo control.
- Hydraulic Valve Block - The valve block is located on the boom where it’s cleanly laid out and easily accessed by walkways on both sides. This reduces the number of hoses leading from the superstructure. 6015/6015 FS models are not equipped with boom walkways.
- Superstructure - Exceptional accessibility is provided to systems like the swing motor, swing gearbox and rotary distributor in the well-organized superstructure. The engine is accessible from three sides on most models.
Cat hydraulic shovels are equipped with retractable access ladders. A less steep 45° folding stairway is available as an option. An exit harness kit or a kick-down type, cage-equipped ladder allows for safe egress in case of emergency.
- Windows: Safety glass is used for all windows and armored glass for the windshield.
- Seating: The pneumatically-cushioned, multi-adjustable seat enhances operator productivity and includes a safety switch in the cushion that automatically neutralizes the hydraulic controls when the operator leaves the seat.
- Display: A large, transflective color screen displays monitoring and diagnostic data for convenient troubleshooting and service assistance (not available on 6015/6015 FS models).
- Five languages can be selected: English, French, German, Spanish and Russian.
Lifting the bucket automatically in constant-angle position requires just a single lever actuation.
Additional shut-off switches are located on the machine (e.g., in the machine house) or are accessible from the ground with pull ropes. Emergency shut-off is not available on 6015/6015 FS models.